Before we jump right in and discuss what your LMS does not do, let’s briefly outline what your LMS should do.
In short, your LMS should be adding value to your company. Here are 3 key identifiers to keep an eye on to ensure that your LMS is working effectively for you:
- Revenue: An LMS should be keeping employees up to speed faster so that they are more productive in less time with fewer cost implications.
- Retention and Growth: An LMS should get employees feeling comfortable and capable in their roles by creating engaging online training programs. Its should support your employees’ career paths and build the next generation of leaders for your company through training programs that do not disrupt their daily activities.
- Brand Value: An LMS should help the successful onboarding of employees and teach them the goals and value of the brand.
Here are 5 Reasons why your LMS isn’t adding value to your company:
- It’s Too Difficult to Use: The real value of an LMS lies with its design and functionality for its users. The LMS you choose needs to be intuitive and well designed with the user experience in mind. Some of the most common feedback we get from our clients at Enovation is that their existing LMS is too complicated for their users to grasp and they need to be trained on how to use the LMS before they even begin to learn anything.
- It Doesn’t serve its purpose: At Enovation, we take pride in the fact that we get to know the needs of our clients before we suggest a solution for them. Our 15+ years of experience in the business has taught us that eLearning can be used for many niches and not all of them are served by the same solution.
- Limited Reporting Functionality: Reporting is an important factor to consider when choosing your LMS because it allows users to gather data on users participation in Learning courses, completions, assignments, the user’s attributes, etc. A vital function of Reporting in an LMS is to monitor user compliance with the required learning
- Lack of Support: Here is where many people realise that they have chosen the wrong LMS and the wrong partner. It is necessary to have the correct support in order to combat any issues that may arise. At Enovation we are on hand to offer you our technical support in all of our LMS solutions. Our team of Moodle, Moodle Workplace and Totara Learn experts are trained to support you in every step on the way to success.
- Too Expensive: It’s important to remember that cheaper does not always mean better, but also be aware of a price that doesn’t match the features provided. Research has shown that the LMS market is overloaded with overpriced and under-supported software. However big or small your company is there is, it is still important to keep an eye on what software you are investing in. If your current LMS is overpriced and underperforming, there is a better solution out there for you.
If you think that it is time you to source an alternative LMS to the one you are currently using, contact us today to discuss your options and register for your free LMS consultation!