Totara is the open-source LMS for the Enterprise. Over the past three years Totara has been a disruptor in the Learning Management and Talent Management areas of L&D. Totara provides L&D with an alternative offering to the proprietary products on the market as it can be customized easily and there is no vendor lock-in.
This webinar will look at the most popular functionality available in Totara. Including:
- Defining a competency profile for organizational roles, people and training resources.
- Defining a flexible organizational structure.
- Competency driven career planning and development.
- Certification and programme management.
- Easy integration with HR systems.
- Assessing business unit performance.
- Managing face-to-face learning events.
- A fully customizable report builder tool.
Following on from this webinar you should:
- Understand how Totara is being used successfully in the corporate sector
- How competency frameworks can be used to drive L&D planning
- How goals can be integrated into a learning program.
- Understand what makes Totara a disruptor to the LMS market.
Bio on the Speaker:
Dr. Mark Melia is a Senior Consultant with Enovation Solutions. Mark works with L&D managers in the financial, retail and academic sectors to achieve their business goals using open source software. Mark leads an Enterprise Ireland sponsored R&D project at Enovation investigating ways to integrate competency-driven learning and development plans into the open-source Moodle and Totara LMS. He holds a PhD. From DCU in e-learning and software engineering and a BSc in Software Systems.