Last week we discussed the wealth of Moodle Certified integrations that are available and this week we’re diving into a new topic: customization, making your Moodle look good and user friendly.
Showcase your brand and tailor your site to your organization’s and learner’s needs. Our modern interface allows you to customize not only the look and feel of your platform but also lots of admin settings.
There are many ways to customize the appearance of your Moodle site so that it blends in with, for example, your college site or your company’s corporate brand. The links below provide more information on personalizing the appearance of your Moodle.
Check out some information on developing your site appearance.
- Frontpage – We can help you with how best to display the entry page to your Moodle to stay true to your brand/organization. Here you can decide how to display announcements and courses (if you want to) and how to add attractive images and descriptive text to promote your organization.
- Theme settings – This part is all about how to add custom dropdown menus and (if you wish) personalize the user menu.
- Header and footer – How to display useful information at the top and bottom of your course and link to Google Analytics.
- Themes – General information on changing the “skin” of your Moodle for the whole site or just sections. Look at Standard themes for examples of how to easily customize Moodle’s ‘More’ theme.
- Dashboard – This is a personalized page for each user. Find out how to set the default dashboard and how to allow users to select their own home page.
- Navigation – Control how users find their way around Moodle
- Course list – control who appears in the list of courses